Vaccination Proof Information
August 25, 2021
As part of the Met’s entry requirements, all attendees must provide proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 with a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or by the World Health Organization (WHO). You can find the full list of FDA approved vaccines here and WHO vaccines here. Digital and physical forms of proof will be accepted, including:
- CLEAR Health Pass App
- Excelsior Pass and Excelsior Pass Plus (for New York residents)
- NYC COVID Safe App (For New York City residents)
- CDC or internationally recognized vaccination card or photo of your vaccination card
For the most efficient entry possible, we recommend completing a one-time enrollment with one of the apps listed above before your performance to verify your vaccination status and create a digital vaccine card. We encourage all attendees to complete this process at least 24 hours before arrival. Instructions are listed below, as well as links to each of the apps or provider websites. Please be sure to check the individual verification method's website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
CLEAR Health Pass App
- Download the CLEAR app.
- Select Health Pass and confirm code METOPERA.
- Follow the prompts to enroll in CLEAR with your email address, phone number, photo, and ID. If you already have a CLEAR account, you will not need to enroll again.
- Select the Covid Vaccine verification option, then follow the prompts to verify your CDC Vaccine Card.
- You can either take a photo of your vaccination card or link your vaccine provider. Please note that it can take time to link to a provider, so please make sure to do this step at least 24 hours in advance of arrival.
- Tap “Open Health Pass” and have your Green pass ready and available upon entry. Your Health Pass remains active for 12 hours, and will require your Face ID or a quick photo to reactivate if it has expired.
Excelsior Pass and Excelsior Pass Plus
- Visit the Excelsior Pass web portal.
- Answer a few questions to confirm your vaccine or test information and retrieve your pass.
- Print your pass, take a screenshot, or download the free Wallet App to store your pass on your phone.
- Present your pass at participating organizations to verify your proof of vaccination or negative test result.
NYC COVID Safe App