Technical Support Specialist
Available: May 2021
This position provides support for computers, printers, customer service and Help Desk administrative work along with the MetOpera’s Help Desk personnel and other members of the Met Opera’s Information Technology & Services department.
- Assist in day-to-day support and maintenance of MetOpera PCs, printers, and peripherals
- Assist in day-to-day support and maintenance of MetOpera PC and Macintosh software
- Answer and record Help Desk calls. Create and update Help Desk ticket status
- Assist Department Managers with departmental administrative work including filing of client/vendor/consultant paperwork
- Address client needs as required and follow-up on new and existing client issues
- Provide appropriate feedback to department manager to ensure that open client issues are addressed
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested
- Maintain records of hardware and software inventory as directed
- Work remotely and/or onsite as required to assist in these operations
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, or Accredited Technical Certificate programs preferred
- Minimum of two years support experience with Windows OS, MS Office Suite, Help Desk services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with organized support of PC hardware and peripherals
- Familiarity with the arts or cultural organizations a plus
- Availability to work on weekends as needed
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.