Available: June 2021
The Metropolitan Opera is seeking a Security Guard who will protect the Met’s property, assets, and personnel. This position will be responsible for patrolling activities on the company’s premises and monitoring surveillance cameras to ensure the environment is safe and secure. The ideal candidate for this position will be capable of evaluating critical situations, possess excellent attention to detail, and be able to effectively communicate with members of the public.
- Patrol and monitor activities on the company’s premises regularly to ensure the environment is safe and secure
- Control the entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and audience members
- Monitor surveillance cameras to watch out for any disruptions or unlawful activities
- Perform CPR or first aid when needed
Qualification and Skill Requirements
- Must be a NYS Licensed Security Officer
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must hold current or be capable of obtaining FDNY Certificates of Fitness: F-03 Indoor Place of Assembly; F-04 Outdoor Place of Assembly
- Prior security or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitor
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs. regularly, which includes lifting, pushing, and/or pulling equipment.
- Must be able to stand and walk for consecutive hours.
- Required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evening or overnight shifts as scheduled. May be required to work legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- The Security Guard is an essential position and must be available for all emergencies in all weather conditions, as well as during disaster situations, ie. before, during or after a disaster. The Security Guard may be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139.
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.