Available: June 2021
This person is responsible for processing complex weekly payrolls for various employee groups, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, cost effectiveness, and compliance with collective bargaining agreements and regulations. This person will consistently deliver top-notch internal customer service, communicating regularly with managers and timekeepers, and answering employee questions. This person will also perform research and analysis related to labor expenses and assist with various financial and accounting reviews and reconciliations. The ideal candidate for this role must be able to:
- Work well in a high-pressure/fast-paced environment
- Deal with a variety of personality types
- Learn and adapt to a changing work environment
- Handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Work successfully both independently and as part of a team
- Process complex weekly payrolls for various employee groups, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and compliance with collective bargaining agreements and regulations
- Enter data for new and existing employees
- Assist with payroll-related research and analysis
- Assist employees with Payroll-related questions and issues, demonstrating customer service excellence
- Answer inquiries on unemployment claims, employment verifications, workers’ compensation, mortgage and loan applications and liability claims
- Maintain paid time off records for assigned employee groups
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies, in accordance with regulations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of payroll-related regulations and high degree of familiarity with collective bargaining agreements and non-contractual pay practices
- Provide general administrative support, including answering phones, handling walk-in traffic, and filing, as necessary
- Participate in the preparation of Payroll and Finance mailings to employees
- Provide accounting support for Finance Department including documentation review and financial analyses and reconciliations
- Assist in the follow-up and reissuance of uncashed checks
- Coordinate securely gathering banking information and setting up electronic payments, and fielding questions regarding and resolving issues with returned payments
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (in particular, strong Excel skills).
- Minimum of one year payroll experience.
- Prior experience in a union environment preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; bi-lingual skills a plus.
- Top-notch customer service skills.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.