Cleaners are a key member of the Building Services staff of the Metropolitan Opera. Building Services is responsible for ensuring a clean environment for all Met Opera employees and patrons.
- Completing a daily routine of assigned cleaning duties including but not limited to mopping, vacuuming, dusting and removing trash in office spaces, restrooms, public areas, stairwells and hallways.
- Restocking supplies in office spaces, storage rooms, etc.
- Notifying supervisors of any instances of disrepair observed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- The education and/or experience requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform the essential duties of this position successfully. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Prior experience cleaning/maintenance in commercial or retail space.
- Knowledge of commercial cleaning equipment (floor buffers, industrial vacuums, power washers, etc.) and supplies/solvents is a plus.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach, lift, carry and/or perform repetitive motions for entirety of the workday.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be punctual and reliable.
- Professional appearance and good communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team-oriented environment is essential.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends as assigned. Split days off are possible. Overtime hours or shifts are usually available.
- This is a Union position.
- You must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to be considered for an offer of employment. The Met Opera will be a fully vaccinated house.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Cleaner” in the subject line of your e-mail.