HD Live in Schools
The Met’s HD Live in Schools program brings live opera performances to students across the nation through high-definition transmissions at their local movie theaters. With our Educator Guides, classroom resources, and in-person events, the Met is providing teachers with the tools to make opera first accessible, then thrilling, to their students.
Soprano Pretty Yende coaches aspiring music students at New York's Long Island City High School in Queens and discusses her life in opera.
In the 2018-19 season, you and your students can experience the world's greatest singers in riveting new productions of Saint-Saëns's Samson et Dalila, Nico Muhly's Marnie, and Verdi's La Traviata, as well as revivals of Puccini's La Fanciulla del West, Bizet's Carmen, and Donizetti's La Fille du Régiment.
The HD Live in Schools program is generously supported by
Participating school districts receive:
- Tickets to attend performances in the HD Live in Schools season at local movie theaters, provided free of charge
- Educator guides with in-depth cross-curricular activities and tips to help teachers infuse their classroom teaching with opera
- An invitation to attend our annual national training conference in opera
- Opportunities to meet Met artists in video chats
- Media and publicity opportunities
Bring opera to life in the classroom with the Met’s Educator Guides. Guides include a variety of resources such as synopses, in-depth classroom activities, musical snapshots, suggestions for discussion, composer timelines, streaming audio excerpts, and more.
HD Live in Schools Schedule
Live October 20, 2018
Saint-Saëns' Samson et Dalila
Elder; Garanča, Alagna, Naouri, Azizov, Belosselskiy
Live October 27, 2018
Puccini's La Fanciulla del West
Armiliato; Westbroek, Kaufmann, Lučić