HD Live in Schools
The Met’s HD Live in Schools program brings opera performances to students across the nation. With our Educator Guides, classroom resources, and in-person events, the Met is providing teachers with the tools to make opera first accessible, then thrilling, to their students.
Soprano Pretty Yende coaches aspiring music students at New York's Long Island City High School in Queens and discusses her life in opera.
Information about the 2020-21 season of HD Live in Schools will be available soon.
Participating school districts receive:
- Tickets to attend performances in the HD Live in Schools season at local movie theaters, provided free of charge
- Educator guides with in-depth cross-curricular activities and tips to help teachers infuse their classroom teaching with opera
- An invitation to attend our annual national training conference in opera
- Opportunities to meet Met artists in video chats
- Media and publicity opportunities
Bring opera to life in the classroom with the Met’s Educator Guides. Guides include a variety of resources such as synopses, in-depth classroom activities, musical snapshots, suggestions for discussion, composer timelines, streaming audio excerpts, and more.