LAST UPDATED: MAY 26, 2020
We want you to be familiar with how The Metropolitan Opera collects, uses, and discloses personal information of our Met Opera Global Summer Camp campers.
When a camper interacts with us, we collect such personal information as their name, email address, and any information they include in a creative contribution or feedback they share with us. We interact with campers through video calls, and, with the consent of the camper’s parent or legal guardian, we may record a camper’s image or audio if we record any part of the call. During such calls, campers may choose to share information with us, as well as with other campers who are on the call.
We use a camper’s personal information to:
- Permit them to participate in the activities we offer, including by interacting with us and with other campers. We will do so to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Communicate with them, including to send them information about our products, services, and fundraising. We will do so to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or with consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- Accomplish our internal business purposes, such as analytics, audits, fraud and security monitoring, archival purposes, developing new products and services, and enhancing our current products and services. We will do so to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or based on our legitimate interest.
We use a parent’s or legal guardian’s first and last name and email address to obtain consent from them for our use of their camper’s personal information, where required. We will do so to comply with a legal obligation.
We may share personal information:
- With our service providers so that they may provide services to us. These services may include, for example, video call services and email delivery services.
- With our donors and board members, to keep them apprised of our activities.
- With the public, for our promotional purposes, such as by posting clips from our interactive meetings or feedback from our campers on our social media channels, in our brochures and newsletters, and in news articles.
We also use and disclose personal information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities and law enforcement.
- To enforce our agreements with the camper or their parent or legal guardian.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, the camper, or others.
- In connection with any reorganization, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also anonymize and/or aggregate personal information, and we may use and disclose such anonymized and/or aggregated information for any purpose.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a camper, you may review the personal information we have collected from your camper. You may also ask us to make no further use of, or delete, the personal information we have collected from your camper. To make a request, please contact us at MetropolitanOpera@metopera.org. In your request, please include your name and email address, and specify the action you would like us to take. For your child’s protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
If you have any questions, you may contact us at 212-362-6000, MetropolitanOpera@metopera.org, or:
The Metropolitan Opera Association, Inc.
New York, NY 10023United States