Young Artist Program - Spring 2020
Available: Spring 2020
The Young Artist intern will support both the Executive Director and Administrator of the Lindemann Young Artist Development Program (LYADP). The intern will assist with making travel accommodations, assisting with organizing and monitoring LYADP auditions. The perfect candidate for this internship shows great attention to detail and is capable of working with all personality types. This is a part-time, unpaid internship and the intern must receive school credit for the experience.
This internship will allow you to:
- Learn how to produce a schedule, including cross-checking and proof-reading.
- Learn how to assist with auditions, helping them to be as smooth and as calm as possible, setting the singers up for success.
- Learn how to act as additional administrative support for the young artists, helping them with simple administrative tasks and to understand some of the pressures the young artists are facing during their time on the program.
- Help organize and monitor all aspects of LYADP auditions.
- Assist Administrator with creation and distribution of daily schedules and season planning calendars.
- Assist in the compilation of information for and proofreading of master class and recital programs.
- Assist with planning and coordinating logistics for LYADP events.
- Attend and usher recitals, concerts, and workshops as required.
- Assist with invoices and other matters of financial processing.
- Provide other support services and perform other tasks and projects as required by the Director and/or Administrator.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Must be available for approximately 25 hours a week.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours as required.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with proofreading foreign languages is desirable.
- Previous experience in arts administration and ability to read music preferred.
- Ability to deal with all personality types and be a team player.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Young Artist Program” in the subject line of your e-mail.