Department: Media & Marketing
The Videographer/Editor will be responsible for creating a variety of audio-visual content for use across all Media and Marketing outlets including Live in HD, HD theatrical promotion, web, press, social media, and other marketing platforms. Content creation will include hand-held filming of both onstage and behind-the-scenes activities in the opera house as well as the editing and posting of content. The Videographer/Editor will also play an integral role in the planning and development of content ideas and production, under the supervision of senior marketing staff. This role oversees an assistant editor.
Planning and Creation of Media Content for Marketing
- Participate in regular planning sessions to generate ideas for digital marketing content and coordinate a schedule for activities/events to promote Met productions with video content.
Filming of Rehearsals and Behind-the-Scenes Media content for Marketing
- Responsible for the hand-held filming and editing of onstage and behind-the-scenes activity at the Met including rehearsals, interviews, etc., for web and social media use to help promote the season’s repertoire and opera house activities.
Production and Editing of Content to Include:
- HD Opening Title Sequences
- Performance montages and trailers
- Interstitial/pre-produced interviews and features
- Promotional performance clips
- Behind-the-scenes features
- Photo and music web slideshows
- Where required, oversee content finish at outside post-production facilities.
- Assist the Marketing and Media staff on technical coordination of footage with outside cameramen shooting select stage rehearsals
- Coordinate with Assistant Editor, Media & Marketing, on the ingesting and cataloging of created content into Met systems.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- BA degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience filming and editing both short and long-form content, single and multi-camera, including promotional material, documentary, cultural, performance footage.
- Experience editing with music and dialogue.
- Experience with editing live musical performances.
- Professional level knowledge of Avid systems. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro a plus.
- Facility with hand-held camera equipment to film short-form footage
- Ability to think creatively about effectively utilizing content to promote the Met’s repertoire and activities
- Sensitivity and understanding of the art form and repertoire to accurately represent the music, artists and performance
- Must be creative, flexible, and able to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, balancing multiple departmental requests
- Ability to work well with a variety of personalities
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as schedule requires
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Videographer/Editor” in the subject line of your e-mail.