Department: Box Office
Available: June 2021
The Metropolitan Opera is seeking a Treasurer in the Box Office. Reporting to the Head Treasurer, this role is an integral part of the Met’s dedicated team responsible for all Box Office operations to support the Met’s ambitious annual sales and marketing goals.
- Assist customers with purchase decisions informing them of all ticketing options available to them.
- Resolve customer concerns, requests and complaints in a timely, courteous and informed manner.
- Collect complete and accurate data from our customers while setting up accounts in the Met’s CRM system, Tessitura.
- Process mail, phone, and web orders.
- Print subscription tickets.
- Seat, take payment, print, and mail Group Sales orders.
- Process in-house patron exchanges and subscription exchanges at the Box Office window.
- Assist with night of show walk up sales and will-call distribution.
- Troubleshoot night of show customer issues with performance manager in a professional manner.
- Cash checks on Payday at our Bank window.
- Answer internal and external phone calls and emails.
- Service ticketing requirements for departments including Marketing, Media, Development, Artistic, Press, Special Events and Customer Care.
- Support the management of the application and release of seat holds and allocations.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures while reconciling daily transactions including Credit Cards and Bank deposits.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years Box Office experience
- A demonstrable understanding of the sales and marketing function.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues in close working quarters.
- Ability to remain flexible in working duties, adapting to the changing business needs as required.
- Willingness to work evenings (weekends and holidays as required).
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
This position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between The Met Opera and Treasurers and Ticket Sellers Union, Local 751, IATSE.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.