Position Summary & Primary Responsibilities
The Met is seeking a highly qualified, experienced Opera Stage Manager. The ideal candidate for this position will display a capacity to problem solve and engage in creative thinking to overcome challenges. This person must be mature and demonstrate an understanding of the artistic process and will be adept at interpersonal communication and diplomacy in a high-stress environment.
The Stage Management team is responsible for organization, planning and execution in coordination with stage, artistic, and technical staff to produce quality product on a short timeline. The Stage Manager is regularly required to work both independently and collaboratively on the development and execution of productions, taking the lead when needed, and acting as a capable and reliable assistant and liaison.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years Stage Management experience with a repertory opera company
- Ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays
- Fluency in reading music is essential
- High degree of computer literacy is required
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, manage stairs without handrails, work on uneven surfaces and read in low light conditions.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs., hear, listen and read
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Stage Manager” in subject line.
E-mail (preferred): email@example.com