Special Events Coordinator
The Metropolitan Opera’s Special Events team is seeking a dynamic and committed individual to join in the role of Coordinator. As part of the Met’s Development department, Special Events provide important support to the institution through the seamless execution of engaging and exciting events for Patrons, Donors, and opera enthusiasts of all ages. This is a full-time role that requires evening and weekend availability.
As the junior member of the 5-person team, this position is responsible for the planning and execution of assigned events, including various Patron Cultivation and Fulfillment events. In addition to providing general support for the events department, the Coordinator is also responsible for managing the department’s revenue transactions. We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who exhibits a stellar sense of diplomacy and excellent judgement. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Supervise and coordinate all event logistics with vendors: including caterer, rental companies, photographers, musicians, etc.
- Coordinate all event logistics with house staff: liaise with House Management and Technical Departments
- Coordinate virtual event logistics as necessary: Zoom, Gatherly, other virtual platforms
- Work with the Box Office to process and mail all ticket requests
- Process performance and dinner orders for revenue producing events
- Solicit ticket sales when necessary to reach revenue goals
- Produce and mail contribution tax receipts
- Confirm all event details with guests and assist with all event logistics
- Assist in training and managing interns, and provide general office support for department
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-2 years professional event experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong math, computer and database skills – familiarity with Tessitura a plus
- Available for evening and weekend work
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Often required to move or transport small boxes and supplies, weighing up to 30 pounds, within the opera house and to select outside events
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.