Available: September 2021
The Development department is seeking a Research Coordinator who will be responsible for data entry, management of the database, and assisting the Research staff. This position is also responsible for administrative tasks such as the preparation of purchase orders, coordination of departmental subscriptions, oversight of file maintenance, and basic records management and analytics within the Tessitura database. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to multi-task, prioritize, and work well under pressure.
- Update records in the Met’s Tessitura database
- Add data to records from Research reports
- Update contact information as advised by Development staff
- Cross reference obituaries, code deceased records and notify appropriate staff
- Help to ensure that the Research Department’s policies regarding data entry conform to Met guidelines
- Assist Research Director in the annual process of creating the Board Directory, including record keeping and proof reading
- Participate in the creation and enforcement of the Research Department’s data policy
- Assist in the preparation of statistical reports using the Tessitura database and Microsoft Office Tools
- Assist in creating reports in the Tessitura database, as needed, utilizing list building techniques, rankings and interests
- Participate in records management, as needed: merging records, converting individuals to households, converting households to individuals and pulling contact information for various purposes
- Assist in outputting reports on memberships, contributions, activities and trending, as needed, using Tessitura
- Prepare Research documents for Special Events and Prospect Management meetings
- Participate as a “Power User” in planning for periodic Tessitura upgrades
- Maintain all current Patron files, dropped/deceased files, and non-Patron files, helping to coordinate the efforts of part-time staff to file routing slips, correspondence, Patron information and misc. items
- Purge duplicate items from files
- Prepare purchase orders for Research
- Coordinate magazine subscriptions
- Oversee and update budget tracking report and AMEX credit card report
- Oversee and archive, as necessary, publications in Research library
- Other office management duties, as assigned
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- College degree required
- Experience working with databases (at least one year of Tessitura experience preferred)
- Data entry experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well with all personality types
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally with colleagues
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.