The Metropolitan Opera is seeking a Patron Associate who will provide excellent administrative support for the Patron Office. This position is responsible for providing telephone customer service to Met Patrons, as well as an array of administrative duties related to coordinating solicitation efforts and administering the benefits of the Patron Program. The ideal candidate for this role is an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player who possesses effective communication skills, attention to detail, and a problem-solving mindset in a fast-paced work environment.
- Field inquiries from Patrons via the Patron Office telephone line and Patron Program email inbox and assist Patrons with their day-to-day needs, providing warm/courteous service.
- Help facilitate solicitation, acknowledgment, and fulfillment mailings to donors
- Process gifts that are made via Call Centers and Website
- Prepare and mail special event invitations
- Assist with Patron activities/events by checking-in guests and providing support as needed
- Ensure accuracy of memberships and related activities within our fundraising database.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Patron and Individual Giving and Deputy Director of Patron and Individual Giving.
- Assist in monthly Patron billing process
- Other duties as required that serve to best support the Patron Office team
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- BA degree, 1 year + experience in a customer service or administrative role
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with the public.
- Pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with fundraising database such as Tessitura or Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Willingness to attend occasional weekend or evening events
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.