National Council Auditions - Spring 2020
Available: Spring 2020
The National Council intern will support both the Executive Director and Administrator of the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions (MONC). The intern will be responsible for compiling information and print materials for the annual spring Members and Auditions Meeting and will also assist with auditions of the Met Artistic Department, as needed. The intern will attend donor events and auditions to liaise with MONC members and volunteers, documenting concerns and feedback for the National Council Auditions. The perfect candidate for this internship takes initiative, possesses a friendly demeanor and practices discretion at all times. This is a part-time, unpaid internship and the intern must receive school credit for the experience.
This internship will allow you to:
- Become familiar with the day-to-day operations and interdepartmental relationships of a major company.
- Learn how different departments of a professional opera company function to serve the productions on stage as well as audiences and donors.
- Work closely and network with the different industry professionals, judges, volunteers, and other departments at the MET that make the National Council operate.
- Assisting the Executive Director and Administrator with daily operations of the National Council including maintaining the membership group, providing support to 40 Districts and 12 Regions throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico, and processing donations, reimbursements, invoices, and payrolls.
- Providing support for the National Semifinalists and Finalists, working backstage for the Semifinals and Grand Finals, coordinating food service for judges and singers, and liaising with other departments within the Met including special events, development, rehearsal, house management, radio, and box office.
- Managing all social media for MONC
- Processing all contributions to the MONC Education and Awards Funds
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Must be available for approximately 25 hours a week.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours as required.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with new video/photo editing software
- Familiarity with Apple OS and Adobe Suite preferred
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Friendly and professional demeanor in all verbal and written correspondence
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and discretion with sensitive information
- Willingness to take initiative and research solutions in a fast-paced environment
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “National Council Auditions” in the subject line of your e-mail.