Marketing Manager, Live in HD
Department: Marketing & Communications
Seen in more than 2,200 movie theaters in over 70 countries throughout the world, The Met: Live in HD is a groundbreaking initiative developed to deliver live opera performances to opera lovers all over the world.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the marketing efforts supporting the Live in HD series. The ideal candidate will be a poised, resourceful, innovative thinker capable of conceiving, developing, and implementing bold new ideas. This person will display a strong attention to detail and stellar organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once. Additionally, the position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to collaborate & build strong relationships with a range of people.
A successful candidate must be able to work all Live in HD transmission Saturdays, and will demonstrate a passion for the mission of The Met: Live in HD.
- Partner Relations:
- Point person between all HD stakeholders (internal staff, external partners globally) to ensure consistent quality of communication and timely information sharing
- Project manage the delivery of all assets (trailers, production-specific content, key artwork, social media assets, etc.) to partners to ensure consistency of marketing materials across the program
- Proof materials created by theater partners and manage relevant internal approvals
- Coordinate and support marketing campaigns for major partners in the top HD markets
- In collaboration with the Met’s internal press team, ensure all HD stakeholders receive relevant media alerts and press coverage.
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns and activities to support Live in HD in conjunction with other marketing team members
- In liaison with the Marketing Campaign Manager and the Met’s advertising agencies, devise and manage digital and print advertising media plans for HD specific campaigns in the top HD markets
- Brief internal graphics team and oversee the creation of HD collateral (posters, postcards, cast sheets, art cards, etc.)
- In liaison with the Digital Marketing Manager, create a social and email schedule to promote the HD program to Met audiences
- In conjunction with the internal marketing and editorial teams, develop digital content for partner websites, email campaigns, and social media; ensure timely delivery of content to external partners
- Spearhead the nationwide HD Ambassador Program, including recruitment and management of Ambassadors
- Manage the HD marketing budget
- Provide marketing guidance to HD partners globally as required
- Regular reporting internally on marketing campaigns and sales trends in top markets
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in marketing, advertising and/or arts management and excellent project management skills.
- Interest in the performing arts; knowledge of opera
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work well under pressure and on tight deadlines, with the flexibility to work in a team environment as well as an individual
- Positive attitude, ambition, creativity, and resourcefulness are necessary to succeed in this position
- Willingness to work occasional nights & additional weekend hours as needed
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Marketing Manager, Live in HD” in the subject line of your e-mail.