Available: April 2019
The Marketing Coordinator role works closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and is under the daily supervision of the Director of Marketing & Strategy. This individual will be a key player in the daily scheduling of social media content, coordination of email marketing, and sales driven promotion materials which include digital, direct mail and promotional offers. As a crucial part of the marketing team, the ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, and will work well as a part of a large team, collaborating across departments, and also individually. A successful candidate will also display strong copywriting and editing skills, will be supremely detail oriented and able to prioritize in high-pressure environment. In managing the day-to-day responsibilities of all social media marketing, serving as general support for the Marketing team, and collaborating with staff from across the organization in order to address key sales and business needs, the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment is essential.
- Research, create and implement strategic sales offers such as segmented/targeted email blasts, direct mail, and third party offers.
- Coordinate the internal setup of promotions, track and report on efficacy. Investigate new promotion channels and make recommendations.
- Reporting on the efficacy of sales and marketing efforts using available data and response reporting to create meaningful and functional segments of like customers for use in marketing initiatives such as email marketing.
- In conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager, manage the Met’s social media channels to support the overall marketing strategy and sales needs. This includes the drafting, scheduling and monitoring of daily social media postings across all channels, as well as liaising with the in-house design and editorial teams for content creation and trafficking.
- Research and present developing content/social platforms and new features as they become available.
- Report and monitor social performance by channel, content type and key KPIs.
- Serve as the coordinator and on-site manager for social media opportunities, including Instagram takeovers, special events, and backstage social moments.
- Assist in the development of marketing strategies to grow audiences and meet revenue goals, including assisting with partnership promotional opportunities to extend the audiences and to maximize the current program of external collaborations.
- Work in tandem with the Digital Marketing Manager to analyze data from Google Analytics, Wordfly and Tessitura to optimize campaigns and email strategy.
- Responsible for coordinating, trafficking, and project management of all email marketing content. This includes copy writing, basic content production, and ensuring that emails are approved on schedule.
- Assist onsite at various marketing events, including the “Fridays Under 40” event series, the Front of House initiative, open houses, Met Student events, and various off-site promotional events as well.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in marketing ideally with prior experience with a CRM application (preferably Tessitura).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of CRM software, email management software (such as Wordfly) and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of opera and/or passion for the arts required.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as requested, and as needed for activities such as social media takeovers and photography opportunities.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Marketing Coordinator" in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-mail (preferred): email@example.com