Major Gifts Coordinator
The Major Gifts Coordinator is a key member of the Major Gifts team. This individual will oversee the Major Gifts donor acknowledgement process, which is essential to donor satisfaction and retention. The ideal candidate must be able to write compelling acknowledgement letters and other correspondence while easily adapting to a range of writing styles/voices, and must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills. This role also helps manage benefit fulfillment for Major Gifts donors and supports the Major Gifts program in various capacities.
- Oversee and manage the acknowledgement process for Major Gifts, ensuring the timely creation, review, and mailing of donor acknowledgments and tax receipts.
- Prepare, track, print, and mail meaningful correspondence for key executives, including the Chairman and President of the Board and the General Manger. These include acknowledgements and solicitations to prospects, Patrons, and Major Gifts donors.
- Manage Major Gifts benefit fulfillment, including dedication evenings, donor plaques, donor fulfillment events, and more.
- Build relationships with new and existing donors through one-on-one cultivation opportunities, fulfillment events, and donor requests and other communications.
- Compile database lists, reports, and other materials for programs, events, and projects for the cultivation and stewardship of Major Gifts donors.
- Book gifts from donors, and update database as needed.
- Liaise with Board members and high-level donors as needed.
- Help with administrative functions for the Major Gifts department as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- BA degree.
- 2-4 years related experience, preferably in fundraising administration.
- Ability to write clearly and accurately with an expert grasp of language, grammar, and punctuation. Experience writing acknowledgements, solicitations, proposals, and/or other original development documents preferred.
- Proficient with all basic computer programs, including Outlook and Microsoft Office. Experience with donor databases, particularly Tessitura, a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Superior interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment working with high-level donors, volunteers, and Board members.
- Must be passionate about the performing arts, with knowledge of music and/or opera a plus.
- Ability to work well with all personality types.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work well under pressure.
- Willingness to work occasional nights and additional weekend hours as needed
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Major Gifts Coordinator” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-mail (preferred): email@example.com