Major Gifts Associate
Available: July 2019
The Associate will support the Director of Major Gifts and the Major Gifts team with administrative department functions, including maintaining/updating donor records; tracking monthly Playbill edits/updates and donor lists for Season Book; answering various phone lines; assisting with donor requests; ticketing; maintaining expense budget and department schedules; and coordinating mailings.
- Support department with all aspects of the cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgment process.
- Respond to donor requests for tickets and information and maintain correspondence.
- Coordinate internal ticketing voucher and entertainment processes.
- Provide phone coverage for general development, Assistant General Manager-Development, Chairman & President of Board, Chairman of Major Gifts, Director of Major Gifts, and Council Concierge lines.
- Assist in organizing Major Gifts box parties and dedication evenings for Council and Golden Horseshoe members, arranging for backstage tours, etc.
- Manage the process of obtaining signed cast pages, suitable photographs from productions, and framing and sending dedication plaques.
- Coordinate updates and corrections to donor listings for the Metropolitan Opera’s Playbill and Season Book.
- Handle Major Gifts expense invoicing, bills, and purchase orders, and monitor expense budget.
- Monitor and update Major Gifts records in the donor database, and produce financial and activity reports as needed.
- Coordinate and produce mailings and mail merges for the department.
- Assist in Major Gifts cultivation events.
- Track department payroll.
- Draft correspondence for Director and other solicitors as needed
- Manage other office duties including scheduling meetings, arranging for messengers, mail distribution, faxes etc.
- Assist with general Development activities and special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- BA degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years prior administrative experience.
- Non-profit, performing arts, and development experience preferred.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Warm communication style and excellent interpersonal and writing skills required.
- Excellent database/computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Available for evening and weekend work.
- Ability to work with all personality types.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Major Gifts Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.