IT Internship - Fall 2019
Department: Information Systems
Available: Fall 2019
This candidate will support the IT Department in various capacities including Help Desk Call Support, trouble-ticket resolution along with IT Personnel, inventory assistance, light printer, PC and telephone system support in an effort to educate the person in this position. Light administrative work some which is a responsibility of all IT Personnel is expected. This is a part-time, unpaid internship and the intern must receive school credit for the experience.
This internship will allow you to:
- Understand and participate in the unique role that a small IT department plays in a small to mid-sized company. This individual will touch almost every department in the Met.
- Work along with the help desk team to put out small fires, understand how to prioritize trouble tickets, diffuse difficult situations.
- Communicate with a diverse population.
- Answer Help Desk phones – along with other members of the IS Help Desk.
- Record Help Desk calls; create and update Help Desk ticket status.
- Work alongside Help Desk Technicians and Help Desk Manager to learn the Met’s technology systems and to assist in basic support of these technologies.
- Learn and perform basic VOIP Telephony updates (moves, add and changes).
- Create and maintain records of hardware and software inventory.
- Perform light administrative work.
- Other general duties when required.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- An interest in the technology field is preferred
- Good communication skills both in-person and on the phone
- Ability to work well with all personality types
- Some light lifting of computers and printers
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “IT Intern” in the subject line of your e-mail.