Department: Marketing & Communications
The Metropolitan Opera is a vibrant home for the most creative and talented artists from around the world. The Met Opera Studio is looking for a graphic designer passionate about the arts with an outstanding body of print and digital work and a refined typographic sensibility. You must be able to not only create compelling visual solutions but also present and discuss the concepts behind your work.
In this role, you’ll work closely with a small team responsible for creating a wide variety of content for the Met’s global audience. We work hard to ensure the future of opera and we need someone who is excited to be a part of this historic institution. The Met Opera offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
An ideal candidate will:
- Create stunning visuals that both follow and stretch the brand identity
- Collaborate with the team and work well independently
- Have excellent typographic skills and be a stickler for detail
- Create designs on budget and on time
- Be curious about and aware of cultural and design trends
- Implement consistent branding across the institution
- Release pristine production ready files for print and digital
- Excited to learn and grow at a fast paced institution
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and XD)
- Need to be able to create simple animations and interactive design
- Work well under pressure
- Very organized and systems driven
Please send a cover letter explaining why you want to be a part of this team, a resume and a link to your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include “Designer” in the subject line.