The role of the File Clerk is to organize and maintain the Patron files of the Metropolitan Opera. This is a part-time position of up to 20 hours per week.
Under the direction of full-time Research staff, the File Clerk will:
• File back-log of materials
• Systematically pull selected Patron files
• Reorder and neaten documents in individual files according to instructions provided
• Perform routine filing duties
• Maintain order in the filing area
• Assist in the archiving of some files
• Other duties as necessary to complete this project
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Ability to alphabatize
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lift boxes and files, work on a ladder, stand and file for periods of time
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Minimum high-school graduate. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “File Clerk” in the subject line of your e-mail.