Executive Office Internship - Fall 2019
Available: Fall 2019
The Metropolitan Opera has an exciting internship opportunity in the General Manager’s office for the 2019-20 season. The Executive Office Intern assists in the daily operations of the General Manager’s office of one of the world’s premier cultural organizations. The right person for the internship will be an outstanding communicator with a professional demeanor, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people and personalities. The intern will gain practical skills in arts administration, non-profit management, and operations.
This is an unpaid internship, and the intern must receive school credit for the experience. We are seeking two interns for the Fall semester.
- Providing support to the Executive Office staff including general clerical, filing, and project-based work.
- Assisting with the planning and organization of hospitality services for specific events and guests to the Executive Office.
- Working on special projects as assigned and developed based on intern’s specific interests.
- Performing research and analyzing trends in the non-profit, performing arts industry.
- Preparing reports as requested by the Executive Office Staff.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Must be available to work afternoons, Monday through Friday, for approximately four hours a day (afternoon availability is required—unfortunately we are unable to be flexible about this). Some occasional Saturday hours also will be required.
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in arts administration, non-profit management, or a related field.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Excellent project management skills and is able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet research.
- Knowledgeable about opera and/or has experience in a non-profit environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and has an excellent attention to detail.
Please send your resume (as an attachment) and answers to the below questions (in the body of the email) to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Office Internship Fall 2019”
- Why are you interested in this internship?
- Choose five words or phrases to describe your ideal internship experience.
- If we were to speak to your teachers/classmates/colleagues about you, what would they tell us about why you’d be a great candidate for this role? And what would they tell us about one of your areas for improvement?
- Will you be able to commit several hours per day, primarily afternoons, five days per week with some occasional weekend hours?