Dramaturgy Internship - Fall 2019
Available: Fall 2019
The Dramaturgy Intern will assist the Dramaturg in daily administrative activities and research. The ideal candidate will be ambitious and hard-working but is also open to and accepting of direction. This is a part-time, unpaid internship and the intern must receive school credit for the experience. We are seeking two interns for the Fall semester.
- Assisting with preparation for workshops—creating breakdowns of scenes and characters, assembling and mailing scores, handling information for agreements and payment for those involved in workshop.
- Reading through librettos and scores to help with the editing process for new works, ideally with the ability to read music and understand the structure of scores and librettos.
- Duplicating CDs/track lists for various projects.
- Assisting with research on new composers, including attending concerts, listening to recordings, watching DVDs and evaluating and cataloging submissions.
- Reading librettos and proposals for new operas under consideration and updating librettos for projects in development as revisions are made.
- Photocopying, filing, organizing materials and mailings.
- Booking reservations for creative personnel.
- Other general duties when required.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Excellent project management skills; able to prioritize multiple projects
- Exceptional organizational abilities and good written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, high-level knowledge of Excel preferred
- Interested in learning about operatic literature, drama, contemporary classical music
- Score reading is a plus
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Dramaturgy Intern” in the subject line of your e-mail.