Digital Content Developer
Department: Marketing and Communications
The Digital Content Developer is under the daily supervision of the Digital Marketing Manager. This person is responsible for the development and deployment of the Met’s email communications to support the myriad needs of the Metropolitan Opera. This role also supports the Digital Marketing Manager in the creation and delivery of digital and social assets to various stakeholders as needed. The role works within the Marketing department, and works closely with the Customer Care, Editorial, Graphics, Web, Merchandise, Media, and Development departments.
- Develop and produce email campaigns to support internal departments within the Metropolitan Opera.
- Create other digital and social assets as needed in support of the Marketing Coordinator and Digital Marketing Manager.
- Design and create email mockups and user journeys for a wide range of devices including mobile, ensuring technical feasibility and intuitive user experiences.
- Strategically create new email features and functionality based on user behavior and performance.
- Expertly code HTML to create new and update existing email templates to align with industry standards and best practices, focusing on mobile-first development.
- Works within brand standards set by Marketing and Graphics departments and can make decisions independently within those guidelines.
- Executes email production daily including building, testing, and deploying emails.
- Maintain internal deployment calendar, coordinating and maintaining a list of historical, current and proposed future email campaigns by various Met departments and the Guild.
- Proactively adapt reporting methods to meet departmental needs and evolving industry standards.
- Research and share current trends in email development and design, proactively seeking out optimizations and improvements.
- Graphic design, including creating social graphics and email assets.
- Provide support to other members of the marketing team with various projects as needed.
- Assist the Digital Marketing Manager with new digital projects, including triggered email campaigns, website personalization, etc.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in development, design, or marketing preferred.
- 3+ years experience in development and design experience including websites, e-mails, display advertising and other types of digital content.
- Understanding of image authoring tools, able to use Adobe CC software to design and manipulate provided graphics for web use, specifically Photoshop.
- Experience managing a mid-sized email program and working with various email service providers.
- Proficiency coding responsive HTML emails.
- Knowledge of opera and/or passion for the arts a plus.
- Strong knowledge of email and digital best practices.
- Supremely detail oriented and able to prioritize in high-pressure environment.
- Team player with experience participating in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate requirements and limitations of technical aspects of email production to various departments with limited technical knowledge.
- Strong project management skills with internal and external client management experience also desired.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must work well as a part of a large team, collaborating across departments, and also individually.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Digital Content Developer” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.