Available: May 2019
This position provides administrative support for the Assistant General Manager–Development.
The Associate must be a highly organized and extremely detail-oriented individual with good communications skills and a calm, pleasant manner. He/she must write well, be able to meet deadlines, and work independently and proactively within a large organization. In addition, this individual must have the necessary poise, discretion, and judgment to work well with high-level Board members, senior management, colleagues and support staff. Flexibility and a good sense of humor are also a must.
- Organize cultivation activities, including calling/e-mailing invitations, confirming guests, vouchering and delivering tickets, making Grand Tier restaurant reservations, place- carding tables, and updating Tessitura records after the event.
- Work with the subscriptions and special services office to provide high priority ticketing assistance to Met donors and prospects. E-mail ticket orders to Customer Care; make trips to 585/Box Office and handle ticket exchanges.
- Maintain fundraising materials for new productions and prepare information for solicitors.
- Draft and proofread social correspondence and acknowledgment letters.
- Update records in Tessitura; handle mailings.
- Maintain and update fundraising projection spreadsheets and documents.
- Schedule appointments and make follow-up telephone calls.
- Help prepare gift agreement letters and contracts.
- Update campaign tracking reports and serve as liaison with development staff solicitors.
- Process gifts and pledges from Patrons and Major Donors for submission to the Finance Department.
- Process invoices, purchase orders and expense reports; maintain expense budget.
- Administrative tasks such as answering phones, making car/restaurant reservations, preparing photocopies, opening mail, and organizing meetings.
- Assist with Board of Directors list, meetings and mailings; track RSVPs for events; help prepare and assemble Board handbook and Board Directory.
- Help staff galas and major fundraising events.
- Submit weekly payroll through MPS for the Assistant General Manager–Development and self.
- Distribute and reconcile petty cash.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- College degree required
- Experience working in an office
- Strong computer database and spreadsheet skills. Knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
- Good writing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with opera and the performing arts a plus
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Development Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-mail (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org