Department: House Management
Available: July 2021
The Nurse is responsible for organizing, administering, promoting, and maintaining the policies of the Health Unit, consistent with the Metropolitan Opera’s general policies concerning health services. The ideal candidates for this role will have excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to work well under pressure, and a warm and caring disposition.
- Organize, administer, promote, and maintain the policies of the Health Unit, consistent with the Metropolitan Opera’s general policies concerning health services.
- Develop and implement health and safety programs, including a program for protecting against bloodborne pathogens.
- Arrange and responsible for, orienting and training any per diem nursing staff, assigning work duties, assigning work schedules for full coverage of the heath unit, and evaluating performance of per diem staff.
- Provide emergency treatment in the workplace and coordinate emergency response with Security and first responders, as necessary.
- Administer over-the-counter medication to employees per standing medication orders.
- Create a clean and comfortable dispensary area.
- Maintain health charts documenting employee visits to the Dispensary.
- Order all medical supplies for the Dispensary and First Aid bags throughout the Opera House.
- Collaborate with other members of the occupational health team, including attending monthly Safety Meetings.
- Document all employee injury and illness and report to Safety Director and Human Resources.
- Document all patron injury and illness and report to Safety Director and House Management.
- Administer flu shots, vaccines, and injectable medications (with prescribing orders) as needed.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- New York State Registered Nurse License.
- Must have malpractice insurance.
- Current BLS and CPR certification
- Experience in triage situations or emergency room experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Critical-thinking skills.
- A warm and caring disposition.
- The Metropolitan Opera has a fully-vaccinated workforce policy.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work with all personality types.
- Ability to work 10 hour shifts and potentially on nights and weekends.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139.
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.