Call Center Supervisor
Department: Customer Care
Available: June 2021
The Metropolitan Opera is seeking a Call Center Supervisor who will oversee daily processing in the Ticketing/Customer Service Call Center. The position works closely with upper levels of management, requires a high level of confidentiality and the ability to work and think clearly under pressure. The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong problem-solving skills and demonstrate the ability to understand and analyze the magnitude of customer issues and construct appropriate resolutions. This individual will display a high level of professionalism and be capable of working independently with occasional direction and instructions. We are seeking someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, who demonstrates a proven ability to convey company policy in a professional manner to the customer and staff.
- Supervises all inbound call center Customer Service Representatives and their daily responsibilities, assists with problem solving functions and maintains PAH mailbox.
- Understands department processing priorities and assigns tasks accordingly, updates staff regarding policy or procedure modifications and Met performance changes.
- Responsible for Quality Monitoring of Customer Service Representatives, works with ACD system to monitor call delivery and staff availability.
- Understands telephone system including: Customer Service Representatives QA monitoring, call volume anomalies and trouble notification for switch or service problems.
- Interprets and understands call center reports and is responsible for supervising and achieving department service and sales levels.
- Manages the training reinforcement, along with the metrics, measurements, monitoring and rewards programs of the upsell initiative.
- Communicates effectively with various departments and professionally communicates issues to Manager of Call Center and Donor Relations.
- Support and assist with implementing new project initiatives: Live in HD systems support, Met on Demand, ABT timeline and order processing and WebStore.
- Performs all Customer Service Representative processes for Metropolitan Opera, Metropolitan Opera Guild and ABT customers.
- Receives calls, listens to, and analyzes customer needs and preferences, responds accurately and promptly using tact, patience, and good judgment.
- Communicates call center issues in a professional and accurate manner. Accepts and applies feedback given by training, and management staff.
- Responsible for adhering to ADA compliance communications, assisting and ticketing.
- Professionally communicates Metropolitan Opera and Metropolitan Opera Guild membership information, performance details and changes and policy or procedure modifications to customer base.
- Acts as a role model for practicing company policies and procedures professionally and actively demonstrates team work.
- Assists with all supervisor calls and customer contact.
- Works with trainer to identify individual Customer Service Representatives’ strengths and weaknesses in order to assist with staff development.
- Supports Manager of Call Center and Donor Relations and maintains staff schedule.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- One (1) year prior supervisory experience in a fast pace and changing environment
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience in a customer service environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office applications, Tessitura or other ticketing software, customer service business practices, and ACD systems is preferred.
- College courses preferred or equivalent experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Flexible schedule. Evening and weekend availability required.
- Strong leadership and motivation skills.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.