Call Center Representative
Department: Customer Care
The Metropolitan Opera is seeking experienced and service oriented Customer Care Representatives. If you love a team environment, you rise to meet every challenge and you believe in your own unlimited potential then you’re ready for a great career with a great company. You will be making Opera Lovers happy with every call!
You will be responsible for answering inbound calls to provide exceptional customer service. This includes responding to inquiries about performances and services, processing ticket orders, Membership sales and performing general account maintenance. In some situations, up-selling customers to additional performances, advanced membership levels, new products or services are encouraged and rewarded.
Full Time and Part Time positions available
Our training class will run from or Monday, November 4th through Tuesday, November 26th from 10:00am-5:00pm (excluding Saturday and Sunday)
Department Hours of Operation Monday through Saturday, from 10AM to 8PM Sunday, from Noon to 6PM
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills to represent the Metropolitan Opera in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer
- The ability to listen carefully to customize each customer call based on the understanding of customer's needs and relationship to the Met
- Minimum 1 year experience with call handling in a fast pace, back-to-back call center environment
- High comfort level with computer-based work
- Must be a fast-learner who is able to quickly adapt to new technology and work in various circumstances with patience
- Must have flexibility with scheduling; Must be able to work evening and weekend shifts
- Ability to adapt to the conversation as it happens
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Customer Care Representative” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Also, in the body of the email, please answer these questions:
1. Please tell us briefly about your experience in a call center environment?
2. Would you describe your working style as collaborative? If so, what does that mean to you?
3. What are your salary requirements?
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.