Business Systems Administrator
Available: July 2019
This position assists the Business Systems Manager in maintaining and enhancing several critical business applications, including Payroll, Business Intelligence, Media, Artistic Planning and miscellaneous other software. Key responsibilities shall include: Acting as a liaison with end users, maintenance of application structures, issue tracking and resolution, quality assurance testing, and managing report distributions.
- Provide application support for multiple business systems (MPS, BPC, HDTracking, etc.)
- Perform quality assurance testing and maintain test plans
- Write detailed bug reports and enhancement requests for third-party developers
- Write end-user and system administration documentation
- Maintain application structures in accordance with changes to business rules
- Manage report distributions and provide ad hoc reports as requested by the Business Systems Manager
- Move data between financial applications through defined procedures, and ensure accuracy
- Provide day-to-day user support
- User and security role setup and maintenance
- Provide documentation and training for new users
- Initial point of communication for user inquiries and issues
- Bring existing users up-to-date with new features
- Participate in the requirements gathering and design process for new system development initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 2-5 years system development and system support experience
- Excellent written, verbal and technical communication skills, as this position interfaces between users, administrators, and developers
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to organize own workflow and automate tasks as much as possible
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business requirements
- Experience working with ticketing software (Smartsheet is a plus)
- Familiarity with report writing software (Crystal Reports is a plus)
- Ability to work a defined set of onsite core hours that support payroll operations (fixed weekly schedule due to union collective bargaining agreements)
- Ability to work flexible remote hours to help resolve any critical system issues that could prevent users from meeting mandatory compliance deadlines
- Detailed knowledge of opera not required, but a plus
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Business Systems Administrator” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.