Available: May 2021
The Metropolitan Opera is seeking a Business Accountant to oversee the day-to-day aspects of media accounting in the Finance Department. This position will be also responsible for maintaining the HD ticket collection and billing process, participating in significant reconciliations and projects such as year-end revenue sharing, and assisting the Director of Business Administration. Collaborative skills, a solution-oriented mindset, and professionalism with confidential information are key to this position. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and proactive as well as demonstrate a strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for all Media accounting and transaction processing including billings and cash receipts, and invoices and cash expenditures, and journal entries.
- Assist with transactions related to the Live in HD system.
- Enter all showings in the HDT system and assist in on-boarding new partners.
- Facilitate the recording and reporting of all ticket information
- Ensure that all billings are timely
- Process all receipts in the HDT System, provide reports on accounts receivable, and provide management with regular and timely information on aging receivables
- Provide data for weekly reporting on sales
- Aid in assembling required timely accurate media-related royalty and publishing statements
- Create orders and process invoice payments for Met Opera on Demand within Tessitura and assist with GL/Tessitura reconciliations and reporting; calculate revenue recognition and deferrals on a monthly basis.
- Ensure monthly and year-end closes for media are timely and accurate.
- Participate in the Year-End Media Revenue Sharing Process with timely and accurate calculations, and assist with the coordination and generation of all supporting documents
- Coordinate with the other Finance staff, as requested, on all media accounting matters including media forecasts, projections, and reporting, and support other Finance staff in monthly reconciliations and other projects as requested.
- Assist the Director of Business Administration in assembling weekly updates to cash flow projections using Tessitura and various additional sources.
- Review invoice submissions from departments, including Media, for accuracy, authorizations, proper coding, and compliance with cash handling policies and payable procedures quickly to ensure invoices are accurately recorded on a timely basis and in the proper period.
- Participate in monthly A/R and A/P audits and assemble journal entry accruals, reconciliations, and corrections.
- Support the Director of Business Administration, Finance and the Finance department in other assigned duties and projects including analyses and presentations, as requested
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- College degree, major in accounting preferred
- 2-3 years accounting experience required
- Intermediate level proficiency or above in Excel required
- Working knowledge of VBA Macros and Access a plus
- Experience with CRM software and/or Tessitura a plus
- Must be extremely attentive to details and highly organized.
- Must be proactive and able to manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139.
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.