Associate, Institutional Relations
The Associate is responsible for fulfillment of benefits for corporate, foundation, government, and special project funders, including the production of sponsorship deliverables and ensuring proper crediting on all Met materials. S/he assists in preparation of grant applications/reports, supplemental materials, and other requirements; oversees database records and drafts various types of correspondence; and maintains expense tracking documents.
- Coordinate internal production of sponsorship deliverables and activation, including signage for 20+ Corporate Dedication Weeks each season. Manage fulfillment of IR and special project funder benefits, including the annual distribution of benefit packs, Met Broadcast Weekend print/display materials and special requests.
- Update and keep the Met’s official Credit Book, and be responsible for taking first review of all internal marketing pieces circulated for approval, including Season Book, Playbill, Met Titles, Production Cast Sheets, Opera News Broadcast pages, Live in HD and Broadcast Guide, Press Releases, etc.
- Support IR Team with drafting proposals, sponsorship presentations, grant applications, reports, and other correspondence for IR and special project funders, including collection and preparation of supplemental materials and required attachments.
- Conduct prospect research for general operating support and program-specific funding, focusing on corporate, foundation, and government entities.
- Assist in the Met’s Patron Office one day per week, and assist at special events, as needed.
- Complete all IR and special project income booking with Finance Department, and manage contribution acknowledgement process for IR team.
- Manage Department’s ‘Standard Operating Procedures’ documents.
- Assist with coordinating IR cultivation activities and events, including invitation mailings, confirming guests, vouchering/delivering tickets, making dinner reservations, etc.
- Maintain contribution and receipt logs, IR expense tracking records and purchase orders, and assist with office management, including ordering supplies, organizing/filing and updating database records.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong oral, written and computer skills; knowledge of Excel and Tessitura preferred
- Knowledge of opera preferred
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Associate, Institutional Relations” in the subject line of your e-mail.