Assistant Director, Institutional Relations
The Assistant Director works closely with the Director for Institutional Relations to meet the financial goals for the corporate, foundation and government fundraising areas, as well as assists on select special projects campaigns. The ideal candidate must possess superior organizational and time management skills and exhibit diplomacy, tact and the ability to skillfully handle donor situations. This person will prepare multiple types of proposals, presentations and applications; manage elements of benefit fulfillment; cultivate relationships with current IR funders; and oversee Department’s reporting calendar. A displayed ability to work quickly and adapt readily to changes in priorities is essential.
- Prepare multiple types of corporate and foundation proposals, grant applications and other correspondence with IR funders, including collection and preparation of supplemental materials and required attachments, all on a timely basis.
- Manage advanced government contracts and reports, including those for capital funding.
- Handle elements of benefit fulfillment and stewardship, including oversight of the Met’s Corporate Employee Discount Ticket Program and special donor requests for the Lincoln Center Corporate Fund.
- Manage annual IR and special project funder involvement in Met events, including Parks and Summer HD Festival invitations, corporate cultivation activities, and invitations to National Educators Conference, Met Broadcast Weekend, and other donor events.
- Update IR’s Master Tracking Documents and maintain institutional donor records in database.
- Conduct prospect research for general operating support and program-specific funding, focusing on corporate, foundation, and government entities.
- Manage solicitation, cultivation and stewardship activities for a portfolio of institutional funders.
- Cultivate current and prospective funders during the season; attend select functions and special events. Requires some late evenings.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 4 years of development experience, with an emphasis on institutional fundraising
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to create persuasive and descriptive written materials
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Tessitura preferred
- Undergraduate degree
- Knowledge of opera preferred
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Assistant Director, Institutional Relations” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-mail (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org