Artists Relations Internship - Fall 2019
Available: Fall 2019
The ideal candidate must be a highly organized and extremely detail-oriented individual with great communication skills and a calm, pleasant manner. This intern will be a liaison between the Artists and many departments in the Met such as Human Resources-Payroll and Finance. This is a part-time, unpaid internship and the intern must receive school credit for the experience.
This internship will allow you to:
- Learn the intricacies of working with Artists in a repertory Opera company
- Learn how to create a welcoming environment, build relationships and communicate important information
- Increase the efficiency of databases that will aid in streamlining procedures in an Artistic department
- Assisting with ticketing requests, email triage, daily ticket distribution, updating data
- Assist with Artist Relations calendar (data entry, reminders, processing paperwork)
- Assist with updating contact information
- Help manage internal reference documents in relation to payments and employee documentation, liaising with Finance department
- Communicating with Artists regarding necessary documents that need to be returned to the Artistic department
- Directing Artists to the Human Resources department to complete paperwork
- Coordinating tours around the building
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Prior knowledge of opera is preferred
- Excellent project management skills; able to prioritize multiple projects
- Exceptional organizational abilities and good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work with all personality types
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, high-level knowledge of Excel
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Artists Relations Intern” in the subject line of your e-mail.