Administrative Associate – Construction/Scenic
Available: September 2021
The Production Department of The Metropolitan Opera is responsible for all production and technical details related to the development, creation, and performance of the opera repertory, the coordination of presentations and special events, the operation and maintenance of, as well as improvements to the Metropolitan Opera stage, shops, and warehouses. The Administrative Associate is an essential part of this process, working with the Head of Construction and Scenic Charge to support the administration of operations in these areas. The Administrative Associate also provides support and assistance, as needed, to the rest of the Production department. The ideal candidate of this position will have some understanding of theatrical construction and scenic art operations as well as possess strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Collect and review timesheets and timely and accurately enter payroll data into the Met payroll system.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable collective bargaining agreements and work rules that affect pay.
- Process all department purchase orders, credit card bills, and petty cash reimbursement forms.
- Interface with production department purchasing administrator to track expenditures.
- Cross check all invoices against purchase orders and code invoices for payment.
- Perform administrative duties including answering office telephone, taking messages, keeping attendance records, and entering data in Show Inventories.
- Liaise with loading dock when daily deliveries are made.
- Working with Human Resources, assist in coordinating onboarding and training and orientation for employees.
- Other assignments as needed.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- BA degree or equivalent.
- Strong analytical ability and mathematical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in data entry and bookkeeping. Some Accounts Payable experience helpful.
- Computer skills including but not be limited to Excel and Word. Ability to acquire new computer skills and master new data systems quickly.
- Some understanding/familiarity with theatrical construction and scenic art operations.
- Must be able to work well in a high-pressure/fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work successfully with a variety of personality types
- Must be able to learn and adapt to a changing work environment
- Must be able to work successfully both independently and as part of a team
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.