Accountant, Part Time
The Metropolitan Opera is seeking a part-time Accountant to assist the accounting team and other members of the Finance Department. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and demonstrate a strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for maintaining the Met’s accounting records and ensuring that financial transactions are timely and accurately recorded and supported by proper documentation.
- Review payment requests and documentation (e.g., invoices, Amex submissions) for proper support, descriptions, coding and approvals
- Ensure that wire authorization and payment directive forms are in place
- Ensure that contracts supporting authorization of work are in place and in alignment with payment requests
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Support Accounting Team with investment filing and documentation requirements
- Assist with inquiries and data gathering requests
- Assist with receivable follow up
- Assist with outstanding check follow up and annual escheat process
- Serve as backup for wire initiations, deposit and cash receipt functions, and accounts payable processing
- Assist with the completion of various surveys and other information reports
- Assist with other filing and organizational tasks, or projects, as requested
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent, major in accounting preferred
- 3-5 years accounting experience, preferably in a not-for-profit organization
- Experience with computerized general ledger system
- Familiarity with Excel
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Part Time Accountant” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-mail (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.