- Technical Administrator
Available: June 2018
The Production Department of The Metropolitan Opera oversees all production and technical details related to the development, creation, rehearsal, and performance of the opera repertory, presentations and special events, as well as the operation, maintenance, and improvements of the Metropolitan Opera stage, shops, and warehouses. The Technical Administrator provides administrative support to the Technical Director and all technical operations including new productions, the Met Opera repertory, presentations, and special events.
- Providing administrative support to the Technical Director.
- Working with the Technical Director and heads of departments; documenting, maintaining and distributing weekly Production and Technical Operations Schedules.
- Collecting and compiling budget and forecast information into reports for review by the Technical Director.
- Acting as departmental representative and coordinator for all internal special events/requests.
- Coordinate weekly stage house tour and audition requirements with Technical and Artistic teams.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Technical Director.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- A terminal degree in Theater, Design, Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent professional experience is required.
- Experience with standard office and administrative procedures is required.
- An ability to clearly communicate in writing is essential.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to synthesize and evaluate solutions, are required.
- Interpersonal and communication skills are crucial, as well as the ability to work on a team in a fast-paced, detail-oriented workplace.
- Other useful skills include time and resource management, and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Computer literacy is essential, including MS Office applications and Acrobat.
- Must be flexible, willing to help when asked.
- Ability to work well with all personality types.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Technical Administrator” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-Mail (Preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org