The role of the File Clerk is to organize and maintain the Patron files of the Metropolitan Opera. This is a part-time position of up to 25 hours per week.
Under the direction of full-time Research staff, the File Clerk will:
- File paper copies of patron records and documents
- Systematically pull selected Patron files
- Reorder and neaten documents in individual files according to instructions provided
- Perform routine filing duties
- Maintain order in the filing area
- Assist in the archiving of some files
- Other duties as necessary
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Ability to alphabetize
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lift boxes and files, work on a ladder, stand and file for periods of time
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Minimum high school graduate; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.