The Director, Patron and Individual Giving is responsible for the day-to-day operations and oversight of the Patron Program, Young Associates Program and broad-based giving programs (Guild Membership and the Met Opera Fund). The Director manages staff and directs fundraising activity in program areas noted above, including oversight of Telefundraising activity and involvement of Patron volunteers.
- Outline strategic plan for reaching fundraising goals of programs noted above.
- Devise Patron and membership privileges; establish giving levels.
- Manage portfolio of individual donors.
- Host Patrons and guests at events.
- Manage activities of the Patron Chairman and National Patron Chairman.
- Manage and mentor full time staff of 9 and 2 part-time member room associates.
- Work closely with Director of Telefundraising to implement effective calling campaigns for individual giving programs.
- Collaborate with marketing team to integrate membership and contributions appeals into ticket brochures, marketing emails, and on the website.
- Oversee fulfillment of Patron benefits and work with marketing/call center staff to maximize fundraising opportunities and deliver superior service in the area of Patron ticketing.
- Prepare and manage Patron expense budget.
- Develop and refine reporting systems to track contributions to annual budget goals and to ensure that solicitations occur on time and that cash is received in a timely manner.
- Provide oversight of Tessitura system changes and enhancements, including planning/implementation of future versions.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- BA degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in fundraising
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of databases, reporting and financial systems; experience budgeting and income and expense projections.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with all personality types
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , including "[Last Name], [First Name] - Director, Patron & Individual Giving" in the subject line of your email.
E-Mail (Preferred): email@example.com