- Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing & Communications
Available: April 2018
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the Met’s email communications and social content strategy, to support the myriad needs of the Metropolitan Opera. The role works within the Marketing department, and oversees the email marketing team, as well as working closely with the Customer Care, Editorial, Graphics, Press, Merchandise, Media, and Development departments.
- Working with the Senior Director and Associate Director of Marketing, develop and implement an overall social media content and email communications strategy to support sales and marketing efforts to deliver on the Met’s ambitious audience growth and revenue goals
- Provide email marketing support and social media strategy to the entire organization
- In liaison with the Senior Director and Associate Director of Marketing, manage the Met’s social media content strategy to support marketing and sales initiatives and campaign goals, including regular updating of all social channels (including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Twitter), to support sales and build audience engagement year-round
- Work closely with the internal editorial, design and communications teams to identify opportunities to capture content, and to develop creative campaigns for social media channels
- With the support of the Marketing Coordinator, oversee the management of the Met social media channels to support the agreed marketing strategy
- Provide detailed analysis and accurate reporting internally on the Met’s social channels and audience engagement, and use data to drive strategy to support audience growth and revenue goals
- Provide strategic direction on social content and channels to other departments internally, and implement campaigns as needed
- Under the direction of the Senior Director, work closely with the Met’s digital advertising agency to implement paid social campaigns/efforts.
- Keep abreast of trends in digital platforms and provide internal advice
- Direct email strategy for marketing initiatives and ensure it is effectively managed, with results tracked in order to make adjustments throughout the season.
- Serve as primary contact internally for all email communications, including oversight of the email communications schedule with an understanding of communications priorities and identifying opportunities for email campaigns in line with organizational goals.
- Develop a complete understanding of WordFly email deployment system and all related reports and templates, and serve as the primary contact for the WordFly vendor, responsible for reporting issues, testing new features and requesting WordFly enhancements.
- Research, recommend, establish, and maintain best practices in the implementation and on-going maintenance of Wordfly in relation to the Tessitura platform.
- Test, monitor and review all email communications before deployment, ensuring all necessary approvals are sought in relation to content, links are tested and that Tessitura extractions have been reviewed.
- Manage and direct staff to include email creation and deployment
- Manage email list hygiene, including gathering and storage of preferences. Work with WordFly and the internal App Support team to determine and record customer email preferences within Tessitura, and implement procedures to manage opt outs and maintain best-practice industry standards.
- Work with the Customer Care team and Web teams to ensure that all email communications not deployed through WordFly are in line with other email communications in regard to design, tone of voice and messaging.
- Work in coordination with Web team, IS&T, Tessitura Application Support (for API) to test and monitor the interaction between email communications, Tessitura and website.
- Measure results of e-marketing efforts and communicate to appropriate parties, and assist departments with reporting tools.
- Stay up-to-date with related technical innovations, legal requirements, and best email marketing practices.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of directly related experience in digital marketing; exposure to not-for-profit management beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Superior writing and editing abilities.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a CRM application (ideally Tessitura) and email management system (ideally WordFly).
- Demonstrated interest in the arts. Knowledge of opera a plus.
- Ability to be imaginative and flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work in the evening and on occasional weekends.
The national search for this role is being conducted on behalf of the Met by arts consultant and recruiter Tom O’Connor. To apply, please email your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (note: .co) with “Met Digital Marketing” in the subject line. No phone calls, please