- Deputy Director, Institutional Relations and Broadcast Campaign
Deputy Director, Institutional Relations and Broadcast Campaign
Available: November 2017
The Deputy Director of Institutional Relations and Broadcast Campaign works closely with the Director of Institutional Relations to meet financial goals for corporate, foundation and government income, with a focus on fundraising activities for special projects including the Met’s radio broadcasts, education programs, new productions, and capital campaign, among others. This position is responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with assigned special campaign donors, writing multiple types of advanced proposals and reports, and assisting the Director with administration of the Institutional Relations Department.
- Manage annual solicitations for assigned special campaign donors—including the Support the Met Broadcasts—and oversee day-to-day stewardship and coordination of these efforts; as well as support relationships with all IR corporate, foundation, and government funders and prospects.
- Prepare solicitations and reports for special projects, including preparing campaign proposals, program overviews, sponsorship presentations, complex grant applications, gift acknowledgments, and other related correspondence with funders.
- Aid in identifying, soliciting, and stewarding new sources of support for special campaigns and IR funding lines.
- Assist Director with administration of Institutional Relations Department, when needed, including oversight of IR’s income and expense budgets; annual solicitation, acquisition and reporting calendars; fulfillment of advanced benefits; and internal/external crediting review.
- Liaise with all departments across the Met, including Development, Media, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Education, Operations, and Artistic.
- Cultivate current and prospective funders during the season; attend select functions and special events.
- Manage solicitation, cultivation and stewardship activities for a portfolio of Individual Patrons.
- Provide additional support to the Director of Special Campaigns and Leadership Gifts.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- 5+ years of Development experience, with an emphasis on Institutional Fundraising.
- Undergraduate degree; graduate degree in related field preferred.
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to create persuasive and descriptive written materials.
- Ability to manage a campaign within the constructs of an overall development operation, coordinating all campaign efforts with other institutional priorities and goals.
- Excellent oral, written and computer skills; knowledge of Excel and Tessitura preferred
- Experience fundraising for the performing arts/cultural sector; knowledge of opera preferred.
- Diplomacy, tact and ability to skillfully handle donor situations.
- Superior organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to work quickly and adapt readily to changes in priorities.
- Requires some late evenings for cultivation activities.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, including “Deputy Director, IR & Broadcast Campaign” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-Mail (Preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org