Assistant Payroll Manager
Available: June 2018
The Assistant Payroll Manger is responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager in ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all payroll. Also responsible for ensuring compliance with payroll-related tax, labor and other regulations including preparing periodic Federal and State tax filings and ensuring timely tax deposits. Communicate with Met staff and third parties regarding payroll.
- Process, manage, and review all payroll processing activities including the review of various group payrolls to ensure compliance with agreements
- Perform payroll analyses to identify unusual transactions and exceptions; ensure daily audit reports are reviewed
- Print checks and vouchers and ensure that Direct Deposit and Positive Pay banking transmittals are remitted timely and that exceptions are resolved on a timely basis
- Understand the requirements for all Federal, state, local, and foreign agency requirements related to documentation, withholding, and reporting; ensure that all filings, tax withholding and deposits, and garnishments are processed timely with complete detailed supporting documentation. Respond to unemployment claim and employment verification inquiries.
- Assist in the preparation of all required compliance filings including quarterly and annual tax and information returns.
- Maintain and distribute departmental paid time off and time accrual records
- Ensure that internal communications including daily reporting updates are reviewed and corroborated
- Respond to department manager, employee and contractor’s questions related to payments, discrepancies and other matters ensuring appropriate resolution
- Coordinate with Human Resources and other Finance team members on payroll matters including communications related to new developments, analyses and reconciliations, auditing and legal inquiries and union-related discussions
- Create and maintain documentation for payroll processing procedures and internal controls
- Support the Payroll Manager in all responsibilities
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Minimum three years payroll experience
- Experience using Access, Excel and HRIS (Lawson preferred)
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to research and understand complex regulations
- Solid Customer Service skills.
- Strong communication skills are required
- Strong time management skills and attention to details are necessary
Please send your resume and cover letter with "Assistant Payroll Manager" in the subject line to:
E-mail (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org