Benefits for Academic Institutions and Their Users
The Metropolitan Opera has long been a pioneer in using the latest technologies in media to make its performances available to new audiences around the world. Now our unparalleled archive of top-quality digital performances is ready to be made available to your community of students, faculty, researchers, and staff—offering a wealth of benefits for learning, research, entertainment, and exploration.
Here are just some of the benefits available to your institution and its users through a Met Opera on Demand: Student Access license:
- Highest-quality video and audio streaming, instantly accessible and always available
- Wide selection of popular and important works, with multiple performances of more than 100 different operas from Aida to Die Zauberflöte
- New titles added every month; current performances from the Met’s Live in HD series and many recent radio broadcasts are added shortly after their live performance dates
- English subtitles available for all videos, with additional subtitles in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and/or Spanish for the majority of HD videos
- Every opera in the catalog is “chaptered” like a CD or DVD, with easy access to individual tracks and arias
- Many operas in the catalog are represented by multiple performances and/or productions, providing valuable opportunities to study and compare different singers, conductors, directors, etc.
- Synopses in English for every opera; multi-language synopses available for some titles
- Additional supporting materials created and curated by the Met, such as program notes, interviews with the artists, articles about the history of operas and their composers, quizzes from the weekly Met radio broadcasts, and much more
- Rich and robust MARC records available for all institutional subscribers, for optimal searchability and discoverability within your collection
- No advertising: uninterrupted access to every full-length opera
- Unlimited usage, in terms of simultaneous users, number of streams, and amount of data streamed
- Monthly reports detailing usage from your institution
- Secure integration with your proxy setup, enabling seamless access to all users through authentication on your institution's network
Only with Met Opera on Demand: Student Access can you make the Met’s legendary archive of recorded performances available in one place to your community of users.