Administrative Assistant – Major Gifts
This position supports the major gifts officers with ticketing, solicitations, acknowledgements and other department functions. The Assistant will maintain/update 400 donor records in Tessitura; create monthly financial reports; centralize monthly Playbill edits/updates and donor lists for Season Book; track giving throughout the year; assist with donor requests; coordinate and produce special mailings, and maintain department schedule. Additionally, this person will distribute daily reports, assist with planned giving, update names and giving level for membership cards, update GH and CAE plaques on the Grand Tier, assit with CAE and GH dedications, and centralize major gifts payroll. He/she reports to the Director of Major Gifts.
- Respond to donor requests for tickets and information and maintain correspondence.
- Support major gifts officers with all aspects of the cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgment process.
- Run and distribute daily contribution reports.
- Build and maintain donor-tracking reports.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial updates.
- Coordinate the corrections and updates to donor listings for the Metropolitan Opera’s Playbill and Season Book.
- Track nameplate changes for Council and Golden Horseshoe and update the plaques.
- Handle Major Gift invoicing, bills and purchase orders.
- Produce reports as needed from the Met database.
- Coordinate and produce mailings and mail merges for the department.
- Assist in all major gifts cultivation events.
- Provide phone coverage for general development, Assistant Manager-Development, Chairman & President of Board and Director of Major Gifts
- Assist in organizing dedication evenings for Council and Golden Horseshoe members.
- Other office duties including arranging for messengers, federal express, mail distribution, faxes etc.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
BA degree or equivalent.
2-3 years prior Administrative Assistant experience.
Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal and written skills required.
Excellent database/computer program skills including word, email and excel.
Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Available for evening and weekend work.
Ability to work with all personality types.
Please send resume with cover.
The Metropolitan Opera
Attn: Human Resources
New York, NY 10023