Executive Assistant, Creative Content
Creative Content (Live in HD, Radio & Special Projects)
This position reports directly to the Met’s Assistant General Manager of Creative Content, who oversees original non-performance content for HD/TV and international and satellite radio programs and produces partner events/performances and special projects. As the primary source of administrative support for this senior staff member (and the Creative Content Department, as needed), the Executive Assistant works across various Met departments to assist in tracking and managing creative content. The Executive Assistant, Creative Content must be a highly detail-oriented, organized, and responsible individual who is professional and self-motivated to do excellent and precise work. The role’s main responsibilities include the role of assistant to the Assistant General Manager as well as Production Assistant for the Live in HD series; s/he also provides support to members of the Creative Content Department.
Executive Assistant, Creative Content
- Organize and prioritize a list of ongoing projects and deadlines for the Assistant General Manager, the Creative Content Department, and ongoing projects.
- Maintain calendar and coordinate meetings with internal and external contacts.
- Serve as the liaison between Assistant General Manager of Creative Content and outside organizations; provide administrative support for projects ranging from special events, concerts, partner events, new production photo shoots, speaking engagements, to travel.
- Assist in coordinating with artists, curators, agents, industry VIPs, and arts and media partners on live and recorded media events as well as special projects.
- Coordinate with various administrative departments including: General Manager’s office, Artistic, Media, Marketing, and Communications, as needed.
- Coordinate matters related to a department of nine people, including the tracking and oversight of department-wide production schedules.
- Track Creative Content Department expenses; track and prioritize regular mail and email; draft correspondence as needed.
- Answer phones and maintain call logs.
- Research, gather, edit and proofread materials as needed.
- Respond to creative content-related correspondence and other issues.
- Provide support for Creative Content staff members as needed.
Production Assistant, Live in HD & Radio
- Assist the Supervising Producer and Associate Producer and other key members of the Live in HD staff.
- Work with staff and outside production team to coordinate production elements of live high-definition (HD) shows.
- Organize and track budgets for HD pre-produced intermission features.
- Work with radio team, as needed.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Superior communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Extremely precise, thorough and detail-oriented work style
- Self-motivated, independent thinker
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly essential
- Poise and great judgment under pressure
- Ability to flourish in a fluid and unpredictable environment with creative people
- B.A. and minimum of 3 years of executive assistant experience preferred
- Keen interest in the arts, the arts industry, and media preferred
- Working knowledge of opera and classical music
- Familiarity with film and video production (both pre- and post-production) helpful; and familiarity with basic computer functions required.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate a considerable amount of overtime, including
evenings and weekends during the opera season.
- Ability to maintain good humor and grace in a fast-paced, high pressure environment; and
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and projects and to work both independently and
Please send resume with cover letter