This position reporting to the Director of Education, is responsible for assisting the Director in all aspects of the Met’s educational efforts. Responsibilities include managing the day-to-day activities of New York City’s HD educational program; assisting in the execution and development of the national program; coordinating activities and audience recruitment for rehearsals and educational backstage tours; and managing Met Opera Students.
- Facilitate ongoing communication with schools participating in the HD education program in New York City and the tri-state area, including the Department of Education (DOE).
- Plan and execute professional development workshops for New York City teachers in collaboration with the DOE.
- Facilitate communication for the national program among school districts, opera companies, and internal HD staff and their contacts. Coordinate activities for the national program, including an annual conference, ticket distribution between NCM theaters and school districts, and tracking all reporting on the project. Assist with the recruitment of new HD school district sites as necessary.
- Manage the Met Opera Students program, including coordinating and running meetings throughout the year, online content, e-blasts, newsletters, events and special programs.
- Traffic all marketing materials and teacher curricula related to the HD education program through graphics, printing, and delivery. Assure all approvals are in place.
- Manage the education section of the website, including uploading Educator Guides, overseeing online teacher and workshop registration, and Met Opera Students. Coordinate with Application Support (Tessitura), the box office and the Met’s web department to ensure smooth functionality.
- Update and maintain related databases.
- Track all invoices and expenditures related to HD education.
- Assist with in-house logistics for all educational events (workshops, rehearsals, lectures, college events, school tours, etc.) at the opera house.
- Assist with all fundraising activities related to the HD education program including proposal and acknowledgment writing, generating reports, providing stewardship to corporate sponsor, etc.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Meticulous attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response
- Creative and strategic thinking with emphasis on customer service
- Ability to forge and grow strong relationships with strategic partners
- Ability to communicate goals and strategies persuasively to internal and external constituents; strong presentation skills and exceptional copywriting/general writing skills
- Track record of initiative and ownership of work
- Working knowledge of Tessitura or another constituent management platform such as Razor’s Edge
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- An overall appreciation of the arts; knowledge of opera and ability to read music a plus
To apply please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Education Manager".