Lindemann Young Artist Development Program Administrator
Manage the daily administration of the LYADP reporting directly to the Executive Director. Produce and handle overall operations for the Program and manage yearly budget.
GENERAL LYADP RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule daily, monthly and yearly activities for the LYADP members.
- Oversee release requests and calendar relating to LYADP and main-stage calendars
- Generate and monitor overall budget activity throughout each fiscal year by examining expenditures and overseeing financial records. Work on budget re-forecasts and plan future season budgets
- Act as liaison for the department in all collaborations with other departments (Development, Public Relations, Accounting, Marketing, etc.).
- Supply, edit, and generate LYADP information for Development Department proposals.
- Ensure that all foreign young artists and master teachers obtain the correct documentation and visa papers by the start of their contracts.
- Produce LYADP recital series, annual patron concert, and orchestra and piano sessions.
- Organize internal and outside engagements through Met Artistic and Development Departments, outside patrons, presenters etc. that feature our young artists. (i.e., outside concert series, Young Associate Party, development social events)
- Collaborate on the annually updated LYADP Handbook
- Prepare contracts or letters of agreements for Faculty and Master Teachers
- Prepare annual contracts for participating young artists.
- Create information and layout suggestions for LYADP website and programs for annual recitals, special events, master classes, patron events, etc.
- Collaborating with the Juilliard Ellen & James S. Marcus Institute for Vocal arts on all joint production rehearsal schedules, including musical and staging rehearsals, costume fittings, etc.
- Produce and oversee LYADP performance calendar all special events, master classes, patron events, etc.
- Oversee annual calendar including master teacher dates, master classes, recitals, special events, etc.
- Produce, manage, and distribute daily and weekly schedules and monthly calendars.
- Manage and develop a multi-season booking and release calendar for all members of the Program, including all Met, LYADP, and outside engagement and weekly, monthly and yearly releases, which is instrumental in LYAPD casting for internal and outside casting.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
The education and/or experience requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years prior experience in a cultural institution.
- Broad knowledge of opera repertoire
Physical Demands / Work Environment
To apply please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.