DIE FLEDERMAUS NEW YEAR’S EVE GALA DRAWING
No purchase or contribution necessary.
A purchase or contribution will not increase your chances of winning.
There will be no exceptions to these rules under any circumstances.
Open only to natural persons who are United States citizens and legal residents of the 48 continental United States at least 18 years of age who submit an entry from within the United States or Puerto Rico. The directors officers, employees and agents of the Met, American Airlines, Four Seasons Hotel New York, their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and the families and household members of the foregoing are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
Only one (1) entry per person, per household and per email address. Multiple entries per person, per household or per email address will be disqualified.
Complete and submit the entry form at www.metopera.org/galadrawing indicating your acceptance of these Official Rules between 12:00 Noon EDT on October 5, 2013 and 11:59 PM EDT on November 9, 2013.
Alternate means of entry: For a paper copy of these Official Rules send a request containing your name and address by first class mail to: Metropolitan Opera, Lincoln Center, New York, NY 10023, Att: Die Fledermaus Gala Drawing. To enter, submit your entry containing your name, address and phone number and state your acceptance of these Official Rules, by first class mail postmarked between 12:00 Noon EDT on October 5, 2013 and 11:59 PM EDT on November 9, 2013 to the same address.
Entries received or postmarked other than within this time period will be disqualified without exception, including any delay caused by malfunction of any email transmission or internet facilities or mail delivery delay causing late receipt by the Met. No entries will be accepted via any means other than as set forth above. Entries generated by script, macro, bot or other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Metropolitan Opera’s determination of time of receipt of entries and eligibility is final. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
There is one prize consisting of two tickets to the Met’s New Year’s Eve premiere of its new production of Die Fledermaus and the gala black-tie dinner with dancing immediately following; round-trip coach air travel for the Winner and an accompanying travel companion on American Airlines between the American Airlines-serviced airport closest to the Winner’s residence and a New York City airport; and luxury accommodations at Four Seasons Hotel New York in one room for the nights of December 30 and 31, 2013. The fair market value of this prize is $4,760.00 AIR TRAVEL IS SUBJECT TO AMERICAN AIRLINES’ TRAVEL CERTIFICATE PRIZE DETAILS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TRAVEL CERTIFICATES ATTACHED HERETO AND INCORPORATED HEREIN (“AA RULES”). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
The Winner may not make any substitutions. The Met reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize or any element thereof is unavailable. All Met casting is subject to change. Prize is not transferable or refundable in whole or part and has no cash value. Prize will be void and forfeited if any part thereof is transferred or sold for cash. Air routing must be in accordance with AA RULES; hotel and room assignment are at the sole discretion of the Four Seasons Hotel New York. All ground transportation, including that to and from the airports is the Winner’s sole responsibility. All other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to, those costs and expenses set forth in the AA RULES, additional nights’ accommodations, meal and beverage costs other than the gala dinner and other personal charges and expenses not specified herein , including, but not limited to, gratuities and incidentals,. Name/routing changes for air transportation made after ticketing may result in a service fee per ticket charged by American Airlines, which may be substantial, and are the sole responsibility of the Winner. If, in the sole judgment of the Met and/or American Airlines, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to New York, New York, ground transportation of the Met’s choice may be substituted for round-trip air travel.
The potential winner will be selected at random on November 15, 2013, and will be notified by phone and/or email. The potential winner must claim his or her prize not later than 5:00 PM EDT on November 19, 2013, by sending a responsive email or by calling 212-362-6000. The potential winner will be emailed an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release for him/herself and a Release for traveling companion, which must be completed without change by each of them, respectively, signed and notarized and returned together by first class or certified mail postmarked within five (5) days of the Met’s emailing thereof or be sent by overnight air courier. If a potential winner (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Met first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Releases as specified (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the drawing or receive the prize, and up to five (5) random drawings will be made to select an alternate eligible potential winner, who meets the requirements set forth herein. The alternate potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email. (If such alternate winners decline the prize or if none of such alternate potential winners are eligible or do not meet the requirements set forth herein, the prize will remain un-awarded.)
The name of the Winner will be posted on the Met website (www.metopera.org/galadrawing) after the Met receives the fully executed Affidavit and Release and Companion Release back from the Winner. Submission of an entry constitutes consent of the entrant to the listing of his/her name on the Met website if selected as the Winner and to use of the Winner‘s and travel companion’s name and likeness in other Met materials.
The Winner is solely responsible for reporting the prize as required by law and making all federal, state, regional and local tax and other payments, including without limitation, income taxes and sales and use taxes in connection therewith. An IRS form 1099 will be filed in the name of the Winner for the retail value of the prize.
Any entry containing any omission or error of any nature whatsoever may be disqualified in the Met’s sole discretion. The Met shall not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at the Met’s servers or elsewhere. The Met, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the website or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing including by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or by intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. WARNING: If any entrant deliberately attempts to damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing, the Met reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law. The Met further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Drawing if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. The Met is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Drawing, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Drawing based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will the Met be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. The value of the prize set forth above represents the Met’s good faith determination of the approximate retail fair market value thereof; this value is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. THE MET MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WITH REGARD TO THE DRAWING OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW OR SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
All entries, including any copyright therein, become the property of the Met. By submitting an entry, entrants agree to these Rules, the AA RULES and the decisions of the Met, AMERICAN AIRLINES, Four Seasons Hotel New York and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents and release them to the fullest extent permitted by law from any and all claims and liability arising out of the Drawing, including without limitation the selection of the Winner, and arising out of any goods and services provided by the Met, American Airlines, Four Seasons Hotel New York and/or any other service providers and their affiliates, including without limitation any and all liability, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, violation of the rights of publicity or privacy or defamation. By participating in this Drawing, each entrant agrees that this Drawing and any and all aspects of the relationship between the Met and entrants shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles, and that any litigation, claims, disputes or controversies concerning, arising out of or in connection with the Drawing or the prize shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action and shall be brought only in a federal or state court in the county of New York, state of New York, and entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waives any objection or defense concerning jurisdiction or venue that entrant could otherwise have in such courts. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards to entrants shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Drawing and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential or multiple damages, which each entrant hereby specifically waives.
In addition to posting on the Met’s website, the name of the Winner may also be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope with proper postage affixed with a postmark dated between November 15 and December 15, 2013, to The Metropolitan Opera, Lincoln Center, New York, NY 10023, Attention: Customer Care Department. Requests postmarked after December 15, 2013, will not be honored.
Sponsor: The Metropolitan Opera, Lincoln Center, New York, NY 10023.
* * * *
AMERICAN AIRLINES TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION PRIZE DETAILS
For each Promotion Date, one (1) Grand Prize, consisting of Two (2) Roundtrip Coach Class Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “Travel Certificate”) on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier) within/between 48 contiguous United States city served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates the destination of Winner’s choice, including anywhere in the 48 contiguous United States, the Caribbean, Canada, the Bahamas, Bermuda and Mexico. Travel Certificate (Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $750.00 (each)). Total ARV of all Prizes: $1500 (if using 2 Travel Certificates). Travel Certificates are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargo dates. Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest American Airlines departure city and their place of residence. Winner(s) is/are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges, and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Travel Certificates are valid one year from the date issued [December 30, 2013 to January 1, 2014]. Expiration date cannot be extended. If winner is unable to travel these dates, the prize will be forfeited. Travel Certificates may be used for air travel wholly on American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel Certificates are redeemable for air travel within/between the 48 contiguous United States, Caribbean, Bermuda, Bahamas, Canada, and Mexico. Travel Certificates are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged Travel Certificates will not be replaced. Travel Certificates do not include a $3.20 Federal Excise Tax which will be imposed on each flight segment in the passenger's ticketed itinerary. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. Travel Certificates do not include Passenger Facility Charge(s) of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary or September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 per round-trip. For travel to/from Hawaii/Alaska, U.S. International Air Transportation tax of up to $14.00 round-trip applies. Travel Certificates for international travel do not include U.S. International Air Transportation tax of up to $28.20 and U.S. and foreign user, inspection, security or other similarly based charges, fees or taxes of up to $240, depending on itinerary. These taxes and fees are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid upon booking/ticketing the Travel Certificates. Taxes, fees, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the passenger to be in possession of all necessary documentation (e.g. valid passport, visa where applicable) at the time of departure from origin. American Airlines reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without the proper documentation. Other restrictions may apply. Travel Certificates have no implied warranties and are not credit or debit cards. Travel must originate and end at the airport nearest Winner’s home that is served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older if not a member of winner’s immediate family and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (which must also be signed by such guest’s parent or legal guardian, if minor) prior to travel. Winner and Winner’s guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Travel using Travel Certificates does not qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage credit or elite status. Sponsor and Prize Provider are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Sponsor reserves the right to revise rules and conditions at any time without notice. See Exhibit A for full terms and conditions for Travel Certificates. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable; provided no such substitute prize shall be from American without its prior written consent.
PRIZE PROVIDER: American Airlines, Inc.; 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Fort Worth, Texas 76155.
American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc., American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, American Eagle and American Connection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
TRAVEL CERTIFICATES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Procedures for requesting Travel Authorization Certificates (each a Travel Certificate”) will be provided to Organization or recipient upon receipt of the signed Agreement. Travel Certificates have no value except when redeemed in accordance with the terms and conditions listed below. Travel Certificates are not transferable or refundable.
- Travel Certificates are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Coach must be booked in "T" class, Business in "U" class and First in "Z" class. No open Travel Certificates are permitted. Embargoed dates may apply.
- Travel Certificates cannot be bartered or sold for cash, or in lieu of cash payment.
- Travel Certificates must be issued by the American Airlines Ticket Redemption Center at 1-800-727-2142. Travel agencies cannot issue Travel Certificates.
- Any applicable fees, taxes, surcharges, service charges or passenger facility charges are the responsibility of the user and must be paid at the time the Travel Certificate is issued. Taxes shall include all federal, state, local and foreign taxes of any kind, and whether assessed for winning or otherwise coming into receipt of the Travel Certificates, or in relation to use of the Travel Certificates.
- If Travel Certificates are provided for fund-raising, the fund-raising activity cannot be conducted by or in connection with a 3rd party (including, but not limited to the offering of Travel Awards on public auction web sites); provided nothing herein shall prevent the use of a 3rd party administrative entity such as may be available to charitable organizations in the conduct of a promotion.
- Minors who are recipients of Travel Certificates must be accompanied on all flights by a parent or guardian.
- Travel Certificates are valid for travel only on American Airlines, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or the American Connection® carrier (collectively referred to in this Exhibit B as “American Airlines”). American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc. The American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. Travel is not valid on flights operated under a code sharing agreement with other air carriers.
- Travel must be via the most direct American Airlines routing. Unnecessary and circuitous routings, connecting points and/or segments are prohibited. Stopovers, except for the next connecting flight, are not permitted.
10. American Airlines is not responsible for, and will not pay, expenses associated with transportation on other carriers, ground transportation, excess baggage charges or overnight lodging, if required.
11. If American Airlines, for any reason, discontinues service to the selected destination before the travel date, the user must select an alternate American Airlines destination.
12. After a Ticket has been issued from a Travel Certificate, an administrative service charge of $100.00 will be assessed for any change requiring reticketing, such as a change of origin or destination. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
13. After a Ticket has been issued from a Travel Certificate, an administrative service charge of $25.00 will be assessed for any changes regarding a date or time. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
14. After a Ticket has been issued from a Travel Certificate, Customer must contact the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations prior to flight if they plan on canceling their ticketed reservation. In the event Customer fails to contact an American Airlines representative through the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations, the ticket will default to a No-Show, and an administrative service charge of $50.00 (Coach Class) $75.00 (Business Class) or $100.00 (First Class) will be assessed to reinstate the reservation.
15. Unused Travel Certificates may be used at a later date (valid until travel expiration of this contract), subject to a ticket reissue fee. Travel Certificates that are not used by the expiration date of the contract will not be extended. Credit will not be given for unused Travel Certificates.
16. Lost or stolen Travel Certificates will not be replaced.
17. Passengers are not eligible for AADVANTAGE® mileage credit or any other promotional benefit that American may offer. AADVANTAGE® miles and/or stickers cannot be used to upgrade.
18. Purchased upgrades are permitted by paying the difference between the full fare for the authorized class of service and the next class of service. Paid upgrades are only allowed for next cabin. Two cabin upgrades will not be processed. Processing of purchased upgrades will be handled when redeeming certificate through our Ticket Redemption Center and may not be handled at airport ticket counters. Processing time is a minimum of 48 hours based on hours of operation of Ticket Redemption Center.
19. Domestic travel is subject to American Airlines’ CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE, as may be amended from time to time. International travel is regulated by the WARSAW CONVENTION, as amended, or the MONTREAL CONVENTION OF 1999, as applicable, and by applicable Tariffs. The Conditions of Carriage and Tariffs may be found on AA.Com.