Major Gifts Coordinator
The Major Gifts Coordinator will create donor acknowledgements, compelling solicitation letters and other correspondence for key Metropolitan Opera executives and work with the Major Gifts team to develop materials that engage and inform donors of specific projects and Met activities during each season. He/she will coordinate tickets, renewals, lists, mailings, dedications and benefits for Golden Horseshoe and other high-level donor groups and will report to the Deputy Director of Major Gifts.
- Prepare correspondence for key executives, including acknowledgements and solicitations to prospects, patrons and major donors.
- Coordinate Board members and volunteer portfolios.
- Help manage and participate in programs and projects for the cultivation and stewardship of the major donor pool.
- Oversee renewals, dedications and benefits as well as coordinate tickets for Golden Horseshoe members.
- Compile database lists for projects and events.
- Book gifts and track matching gifts from donors.
- Help with administrative reports for the Major Gifts department.
- Coordinate privilege package lists and mailing.
- Review accuracy of tax receipts before mailing.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-4 years development experience.
- Familiar with development process.
- Seasoned experience writing acknowledgements, solicitations, proposals and other original development documents.
- Able to write clearly and accurately with an expert grasp of language, grammar and punctuation.
- Fluency with all basic computer programs, including email, word processing, spreadsheets and database.
- Detail oriented.
- Superior interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Able to exercise excellent judgment working with high-level donor volunteers and Board members.
- Able to work well with all personality types.
- Able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Available for evening and weekend work.
To apply please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Major Gifts Coordinator."