Executive Assistant, Production
This administrative support position focuses on the business aspects of the Metropolitan Opera’s expanded media activities, co-productions with other opera houses, contracting of the production teams (directors, choreographers, etc), and publishing clearances. There is an emphasis on tracking, financial planning and record-keeping for archival material as well as day-to-day and long-term future projects. The Executive Assistant must be detail-oriented, meticulous, self-motivated and discreet.
- Track contract terms, expirations and obligations (publishing, co-productions, production rentals, production teams).
- Track and administer contractual payments.
- Track and administer complimentary tickets for publishers.
- Special projects related to clearance of rights for media initiatives.
- Coordinate with other Production Department members related to payments, travel/hotel arrangements for production team.
- Research past deals in preparation for Director’s negotiations.
- Issue contract term summary slips for Artistic Department to generate production team contracts; send out and track contracts.
- Track copyright/publishing clearance terms for extensive list of operas performed by Met (live performance, media rights, etc.).
- Create spreadsheets related to budgeting and contractual terms.
- Coordinate with Finance Department on annual media accounting statements to principal artists and publishers.
- Format and word-process co-production and rental contracts.
- Daily maintenance of extensive filing system and binders.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of Administrative Assistant experience, ideally in a related field.
- Required computer skills: facility in using databases and spreadsheets for creation and maintenance of reports (Excel, Microsoft Access, etc), conversion of documents from Microsoft Word to Adobe PDF and vice versa, use of scanner.
- Interest in, knowledge of, and experience working with opera, artists, production, media a plus.
- Business Affairs background, ideally in a prior arts, recording, production, artist management or publishing company a plus.
- Initiative to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and interest.
- Respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple administrative tasks.
To apply please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Executive Assistant - Production."